Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Plan '08

Here it is Frebruary.... I think it's about time I let you all know what my plans are for the year. ha ha.

Well, I've already run two 50k's this year, but my next race I've got planned is the incredibly muddyHagg Lake 50k on February 23rd.

On March 15th I have my first big race of the year, Pacific Rim 24hour. I have several goals for this race. First of all, I want to qualify for Spartathlon, and in order to do so, I would either need to be able to run 100k in 10 1/2 hours, or a 200k race. I want to be able to qualify during Pac Rim, so I will be pushing for 100k in the first 10 1/2 hrs, and If I miss that, I can still push for 200k within 24hrs.

I dont really have all my "smaller" races figured out yet, but I will have two more big races in '08. First Cascade Crest 100 miler in August, then the Ultracentric 24hour National Championships in November.

Well, I should go out there and do some more running....

Thats all for now,

Tim Lawson

3 comments:

anuday said...

Tim, are you not coming for the Self-Transcendence 6 day race in NY in April. I'm doing the 10 day this time.

Chanakhya

Tim Lawson said...

not planning on running the 6 day this year.... I need to work on shorter distances and my speed for now.... but dont worry, I'll be back

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
Absolutely brilliant blog, I have just had great fun reading it. Came across it by accident as you have a link to a race I organise - the 6633 Ultra in Canada - which is on your list of dream races. It would be great to have you on the start line one day, but in the meantime I wish you the best of luck with your racing this year and in particular your preparations for the Spartathlon.
All the best
Martin